Wednesday, August 23, 2006

But since you brought it up...

I’ve always wanted to do a TV show called Crispy Waltons. It would be just like The Waltons, except that instead of the show ending with them all saying good night, it would start with that. Then, after a few moments of silence, you’d see a flicker of flame in somebody’s window. To cries of alarm, you would see the fire quickly spread from room to room, closing off any avenue of escape. Then, for the next hour (not counting commercials), you would watch the house slowly burn to the ground. I think people would like it. The only problem I can see in pitching it to the networks is what do you do for the second episode? I suppose you could watch the same thing happen at Ike Godsey’s place, or that house where those two booze-bag spinsters live (man, that place would go up like the Hindenburg), but really, that just drags out the problem. Still, I think it’s a good premise… it just needs a little work, that’s all.

No comments: